Titel

Life in Music inspired by Joe Henry


vrijdag 10 november 2017

Adam Whipple inspired by Joe.

Adam Whipple talks about his new record  at The Rabbit Room. He specificly names Joe's work as clear inspiration for his album 'The Broken Seasons'.

A few weeks ago I was going down to Georgia and I got this Joe Henry album and listened on the way. He’s produced a couple of records for Over the Rhine. He’s a brilliant songwriter. He has this way of taking groups of instruments that are similar in timbre and making the sound weave in and out of itself. So you’ve got a mandola imitating a guitar or a lap steel sounding like an extension of a piano, horns imitating an organ sound, those kinds of things. I love all of that and decided that was what I wanted to do with this album. I wanted the listener to not even know exactly what instruments are playing because they’re woven together so well.

Adam is trying to fund his project through a pledge Campaign. Go over and support him, if you like it. (as I do).


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten