Titel

Life in Music inspired by Joe Henry


zaterdag 30 augustus 2014

The new Bettye LaVette album

We all know the concept of small teasers to warm us up for bigger news. I must admit for the new Bettye LaVette album it is working really well. I am absolutelt feeling 'teased' this last week. :-)
There have been some small messages about it on social media, but each time I thought : "It's just not enough for me to make a blogentry about it".
But on the other hand. Bettye LaVette is, like they say in French, ' une Grande Dame' and her previous collaboration with Joe gave us the wonderful album 'I've got my own Hell to Raise'....

So I gathered the little info I did see passing around. (but I'll keep you updated)

The album was recorded in the week starting August 18, 2014. It was recorded in Joe's Homestudio, known as 'the Basement'.




A small note in MOJO magazine, posted by Bettye learns us that the title track of the album will be a track written by Beth Nielsen Chapman and Mary Gauthier.
Joe produced Mary Gauthier's album 'between daylight and dark'.



Doyle Bramhall II tweeted the following picture.
Doyle Braham II has also played on Joe and Bettye's previous collaboration, and worked on numerous other albums Joe Produced.

Update october 5th
Bettye Lavette's social media gave news that her album is mixed.
It's going to be called worthy, and will be released in January.


read more here

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten